Securing Nutrition Assistance
Helping you to be at your best
If you are not getting proper nutrition consistently, or you’re constantly worrying about money for food, it can have a negative effect on your performance in school. We want to help you be at your best.
SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) is a monthly nutrition program that provides funds for qualified individuals and families to purchase healthy food from local grocery stores, farmers’ markets, or online.
Apply for SNAP Today
Create an account and fill out an application.
Am I eligible?
You might qualify for nutrition assistance in the following circumstances:
- Working a minimum of 20 hours a week
- Participating in a state or federally funded work-study program
- Taking care of a dependent under age 6, or taking care of dependents between 6 to 12 with no adequate child care to allow you to attend school and work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Receiving assistance through Title IV-A of the Social Security Act
- Being assigned or placed into higher education through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, Section 236 of the Trade Act, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Employment and Training Program, or another state or local employment or training program
Maricopa County Community Colleges has partnered with the Department of Economic Security (DES) to create the SNAP O program, a district-wide initiative designed to provide you information, resources, and services, including assistance with the SNAP application process.
SNAP into our Social Hour!
If you have questions about whether you qualify for SNAP, need help applying, or want more information, join us online for our monthly SNAP Social Hour. Hosted by one of our SNAP Specialists, each Social Hour is open to students, staff, faculty, or members of the community, and includes a brief presentation followed by a Q & A session. Sign up on the calendar for the one that works for you.
Date: The last Tuesday of each month
Time: 2 - 3 p.m.
We can’t wait to meet and help you. Sign up for your Social Hour today!
For assistance with applying for SNAP benefits, please contact:
Maria Kay, SNAP Support Specialist
Read the latest news regarding SNAP recipients, get detailed information about the application process, get answers to your frequently asked questions, and more!
Find resources for SNAP applicants/recipients, retailers, state/local agencies, and farmers/producers. Explore popular topics, find the latest news on SNAP, and get answers to your frequently asked questions.
Determine if you qualify for SNAP benefits, apply for SNAP, and keep track of your benefits. You can also find a list of food banks.