In response to the 2020 coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, Maricopa Community Colleges offered a tuition credit to students who needed to withdraw from their Spring 2020 course(s) due to one of the following circumstances:
- Contracting COVID-19 or Other Serious Illness – If you have contracted COVID-19 or other serious illness, a withdrawal request must be submitted with a written statement from your healthcare professional regarding how the illness prevents you from participating in scheduled class sessions or assignments. The medical statement must be on file before a credit can be given.
- Serious Illness or Death of Immediate Family Member – If an immediate family member* has contracted a serious illness or has passed away, the same process as above is required, including supporting documentation verifying the situation. The medical statement must be on file before a credit can be given.
- Inability to Participate in a Converted Course – If you were taking an in-person/hybrid course and it was converted to an online/alternative format, you may request a withdrawal from your course and submit the corresponding form.
- Hardship Due to Class End Date Extension – If you have a course which has an extended calendar end date (a longer class time frame than originally planned) or other extenuating circumstances, you may request a withdrawal from the course and submit the corresponding form.
*Immediate family members include: spouse/partner, father, mother, grandfather, grandmother, child, foster child, grandchild, stepchild, sibling, stepsibling, stepfather, stepmother, or spouse’s/partner’s father, mother, grandfather, grandmother, or in-laws.
Tuition Credit/Refund Request Limitations
- Requests for a Spring 2020 total withdrawal from a college or course(s) is at the discretion of your college and all decisions are final. If you're approved, your student account will have a non-refundable account credit applied for the amount of the tuition and fees paid for the withdrawn course(s).
- If you never attended your Spring 2020 class(es), this is not an allowable student account credit exception or an excuse for the debt.
- Only Spring 2020 credit and clock hour courses are eligible for a refund/tuition credit.
- Tuition credits are valid through end of Spring 2021.
Note: Approved requests for the Spring 2020 term may not relieve you from any financial obligation to your college and could negatively impact your financial aid and/or veteran educational benefits. Contact your college Admissions, Records, and Registration office for further assistance.
Learn about refunds at your college.
2626 E. Pecos Rd.
Chandler, AZ 85225
3000 N. Dysart Rd.
Avondale, AZ 85323
108 N. 40th St.
Phoenix, AZ 85034
6000 W. Olive Ave.
Glendale, AZ 85302
1833 W. Southern Ave.
Mesa, AZ 85225
18401 N. 32nd St.
Phoenix, AZ 85032
1202 W. Thomas Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85013
2323 W. 14th St.
Tempe, AZ 85281
9000 E. Chaparral Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85256
7050 S. 24th St.
Phoenix, AZ 85042